Want to give your visitors an easy way to submit events? While My Calendar provides a lot of tools for managing and displaying events, it doesn’t natively give you a good way to have visitors submit them. This extension to My Calendar adds that option directly into My Calendar. But even more, it gives you a huge amount of flexibility in what fields your users can post. This isn’t just a link through to the admin where logged-in users can submit an event; it’s a tool where:
- Events can be submitted by any site visitor, by logged-in users, or by logged-in users with special permissions.
- You can require visitors to pay to submit events (supports Paypal only, at this point.)
- You can take offline payments and register them for online usage
- You can prevent users from submitting events which conflict with previously scheduled events
- Run date-controlled sales to discount event submissions
- Apply a member-discount while charging full price to public visitors
- Buy a multi-site license or a single-site license
Test the submissions form before you buy! This is a very simple example of the submissions form, with most fields and payment disabled; but it should give you some idea of what you can do.
After installing, you can create a My Calendar submissions form using the built-in Submissions widget or by using the submit events form shortcode.
- An active installation of the latest version of My Calendar (the Submissions module is not compatible with versions of My Calendar earlier than 2.0)
- That’s it!
What you get
- A single-site license to install My Calendar: Submissions
- Access to future updates to My Calendar: Submissions via your account at Joe Dolson Accessible Web Design
- The 10-page User’s Guide to the My Calendar: Submissions add-on.
- Access to my private plug-in support forums
Support. I provide prompt, personal support. You should submit a support request through the form built-in to your My Calendar Help page, and I’ll respond as quickly as I can. I’m just one guy; so I can’t promise 24×7 immediate responses — but I can promise you that your support will come from the person who knows the plug-in better than anybody else!
All the above, with a license good for an unlimited number of sites!