My Calendar: Submissions
Build a calendar with a little help from your friends!
Want to give your visitors an easy way to submit events? While My Calendar provides a lot of tools for managing and displaying events, it doesn’t natively give you a good way to have visitors submit them. This extension adds that option directly into My Calendar. But even more, it gives you a huge amount of flexibility in what fields your users can post.
This isn’t just a link through to the admin where logged-in users can submit an event; it’s a flexible interface to:
- Let any visitor submit events, or logged-in users, or logged-in users with special permissions.1
- Require payment to submit events (Paypal or Authorize.net)
- Take offline payments and register them for online usage
- Prevent users from submitting events which conflict with previously scheduled events
- Run date-limited sales to discount event submissions
- Apply member-discounts while charging full price to general visitors
Test the submissions form before you buy! This is a simple example of the submissions form, with most fields and payment disabled; but it should give you some idea of what you can do.
After installing, you can create a My Calendar submissions form using the built-in Submissions widget or by using the submit events form shortcode – to make this as easy as possible for you, use the Submissions shortcode generator, found on the My Calendar Help screen!
- An active installation of the latest version of My Calendar (the Submissions module is not compatible with versions of My Calendar earlier than 2.0)
- That’s it!
What you get with the Standard License
- A license entitling you to one year of updates and support for My Calendar: Submissions
- The 15-page User’s Guide to the My Calendar: Submissions add-on.
- Access to my private plug-in support forums
Support. I provide prompt, personal support. You should submit a support request through the form built-in to your My Calendar Help page, and I’ll respond as quickly as I can. I’m just one guy; so I can’t promise 24×7 immediate responses — but I can promise you that your support will come from the person who knows the plug-in better than anybody else!
With the Permanent License
All the above, but you’ll get updates and support for as long as My Calendar: Submissions exists.
All sales have a no-hassle, no-questions asked 7-day refund policy. Doesn’t do what you need? Hey, that’s fine. Need support? Drop me a line.
Note: My Calendar Submissions does not currently provide a method for users to edit their events from the front end.Return