My Calendar Pro
My Calendar is a powerful, flexible plug-in. It’s not always easy, but it will help you get the job done right. With the Pro add-on for My Calendar, you’ll increase the power of your calendar by getting events submitted by your users, importing events from external calendars, or posting to your blog for every new event.
What can My Calendar Pro do for you?
Publicly Submitted Events
Want to give your visitors an easy way to submit events? While My Calendar provides a lot of tools for managing and displaying events, you’ll want to upgrade to My Calendar Pro to add support for user submission of events. This extension adds that option directly into My Calendar and many more great features!
- Let any visitor submit events, or logged-in users, or logged-in users with special permissions.
- Require payment to submit events (Paypal or Authorize.net)
- Take offline payments and register them for online usage
- Prevent users from submitting events which conflict with previously scheduled events
- Run date-limited sales to discount event submissions
- Apply member-discounts while charging full price to general visitors
- Allow logged-in users to edit their events on the front-end.
- Import events from CSV or iCal sources, either via file upload or URL
Test the submissions form before you buy! This is a simple example of the submissions form, with most fields and payment disabled; but it should give you some idea of what you can do.
After installing, you can create a My Calendar submissions form using the built-in Submissions widget or by using the submit events form shortcode – to make this as easy as possible for you, use the Submissions shortcode generator, found on the My Calendar Help screen. The shortcode generator makes building complex shortcodes easy and quick.
Create Events from Posts
Create a lot of blog posts that are associated with your events? Why not make this a bit more efficient? My Calendar Pro allows you to create new events when you post to your blog. It doesn’t have to be a blog post – you can set this up to be available from any type of post.
Create Posts from Events
If your workflow makes it make more sense for you to generate a blog post when you write a new event, that’s also an option! You can specify a variety of custom options and write custom content for the blog post when you create your event.
Advanced Event Search
Create a search form where you can search your events, narrowing the search by category, location, author, or between specific custom dates. The advanced event search can be used as a widget or as an independent page.
Tables aren’t natively responsive, so if you’re using My Calendar in it’s grid view, then that doesn’t translate very well to mobile. In My Calendar Pro, you can enable responsive mode and select from a new variety of custom stylesheets built for My Calendar or create your own!
Using My Calendar Pro, you can import events from iCal formatted files or by creating custom CSV files formatted specifically for My Calendar. You can also import events from remote sources just by providing the URL for the CSV or iCal data.
- An active installation of the latest version of My Calendar (My Calendar Pro is not compatible with versions of My Calendar before 2.4)
- That’s it!
What you get with the Standard License
- A license entitling you to one year of updates and support for My Calendar Pro, applicable to any number of sites
- The 25-page User’s Guide to the My Calendar Pro add-on.
- Access to my private plug-in support forums
Support. I provide prompt, personal support. You should submit a support request through the form built-in to your My Calendar Help page, and I’ll respond as quickly as I can. I’m just one guy; so I can’t promise 24×7 immediate responses — but I can promise you that your support will come from the person who knows the plug-in better than anybody else!
With the Permanent License
All the above, but you’ll get updates and support for as long as My Calendar Pro exists.
All sales have a no-hassle, no-questions asked 30-day refund policy. Doesn’t do what you need? Hey, that’s fine. Need support? Drop me a line.