Want a little more oomph in WP to Twitter? Upgrade to WP Tweets PRO!
Current Version: 3.3.2
Tested to: 4.9.4
Last updated: 2017-12-26 8:41pm GMT
Post Tweets from WordPress to Twitter.
Yep. That’s the basic functionality. But it’s not the only thing you can do:
- Display your Recent Tweets: Widget for your recent Tweets. Fetch Tweets from your own or any other account.
- Display Tweets based on a search: Display the Tweets resulting from a search and limit by Geolocation.
- Shorten URLs in your Tweets with popular URL shorteners, or let Twitter to do it with t.co.
Upgrade to WP Tweets Pro and schedule Tweets, set up automatic reposts, upload images and more!
WP to Twitter uses a customizable Tweet template for Tweets sent when updating or editing posts and pages or custom post types. You can customize your Tweet for each post, using custom template tags to generate the Tweet.
- Use post tags as Twitter hashtags
- Use alternate URLs in place of post permalinks
- Support for Google Analytics
- Support for XMLRPC remote clients
- Select from YOURLS, Goo.gl, Bit.ly, jotURL, or Su.pr as external URL shorteners.
- Rate limiting: make sure you don’t exceed Twitter’s API rate limits.
Upgrade to WP Tweets Pro for extra features, including:
- Authors can set up their own Twitter accounts in their profiles
- Time delayed Tweeting
- Scheduled Tweet management
- Simultaneously Tweet to site and author Twitter accounts
- Preview and Tweet comments
- Filter Tweets by taxonomy (categories, tags, or custom taxonomies)
- Upload images to Twitter
- Integrated Twitter Card support
- Automatically schedule Tweets of old posts
- Try out WP Tweets PRO!
Want to stay up to date on WP to Twitter? Follow me on Twitter!
Visit the WP to Twitter translation site to see how complete the current translations are.
Translating my plug-ins is always appreciated. Work on WP to Twitter translations at the WordPress translation site! You’ll need a WordPress.org account to contribute!
Extending WP to Twitter
Check out my GitHub repository of plug-in extensions.
Find a conflicting plug-in? Please report it!